Download ITV player for PC, Windows, Mac OS: ITV player is also termed as ITV hub which is an online video service that can be accessed through their main website. ITV Catch Up was renamed to ITV player on demand across web and TV on 5th December 2008. One can watch shows aired on different channels like ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, CITV, and ITVBe through ITV Player or ITV Hub.
What can ITV player be used for?
ITV player/ITV Hub on browser enables users to scan the shows available and find a show we are looking for through their search. If users are unsure of what to watch, they can stream live TV channels on ITV. Most TV shows are available for future viewing soon after they have finished on TV with the exception of a few shows which may take a couple of hours after they are aired.
Users will also get a sneak peek at the premiers, first look, and new shows. Apart from this, their show sites are a gateway to exciting news, gossip, and endless entertainment.
ITV free app uses advertisements to ensure that they can deliver content for free. The users can alternatively choose a subscription-based service to watch the shows without ads.
Setting up an account on ITV is completely free and easy. It can be done through ITV website or the app and can be accessed on all devices. Creating an account will give users a host of options:
- Accessing shows from the last one month
- Streaming live TV
- Watching exclusives like premiere shows
- Keep track of your viewing history and resume shows from the last point.
- Subscribe to latest updates on news and shows.
Users will stay logged in to their account unless they choose to log out manually.
ITV hub is supported on most iOS devices (iOS 7 and above) and Android versions. It is also compatible with popular TV devices.
Downloading ITV player for PC
ITV player is can be downloaded and installed on a PC even though the official website lists the apps available only for mobile application and TV devices. ITV player for PC is installed with the help of an Android emulator. There are several paid and free Android emulators for PC, but it is suggested to use BlueStacks as it is highest rated and compatible with most OS versions. Check the system requirements and install the emulator.
How to Install ITV player for PC:
- Download and install BlueStacks Android emulator for PC.
- After the installation is complete, open BlueStacks app using the windows or MAC start menu
- Search for ITV Player app on Google play store, users can alternatively download the APK file this application to install it.
- Installation of ITV player app is straightforward and quick.
- Once installed, ITV player would be available in “My Apps” section of BlueStacks.
The user can use this application to browse through the shows and watch their favorite content ranging from live sports to reality shows on their PC at their convenience.